Come, rest your head on my shoulder

Come, rest your head on my shoulder,
for this feels grey, warm and older.
no other language I know except for this, 
this very moment is a moment of bliss.

I know that you're tired and hurt now,
but I promise we'll make it somehow.
Through all the days that leave us colder,
Come, rest your head on my shoulder.

I know how heavy at times it feels,
I miss our conversations and shared meals.
Now that I miss the place I called my home once,
where we shared our thoughts and stolen glance.

I can see that you want it, all of it,
Don't want to put this to waste, even a bit,
So let the world grow quiet for a while,
come, rest your head, and stay awhile.

After a while, you found a place to rest,
called out my name, said this feeling's the best.
I could see that you were relieved from the stress,
Well! that was the whole point of it, I guess!

It was time for us to finally leave, 
mix of emotions, but hardest was to grieve,
of this moment, of us, of your head on my shoulder,
want him to rest forever, till we're grey and older.

- Taruna Ghera

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Namesake

Pretty, Patient, and Proud

Stay